Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Christmas Baking -- The Most Wonderful time of the Year!

What a great time to start a cooking blog. It is THE time of year when everyone lets their waistlines go and enjoys eating. It is THE time of year when people expect you to have various goodies in your home and not just any goodies, homemade goodies. And not only do you eat these goodies, you accompany them with a cup of liquid chocolate!

Ah ... baking. There's no need for it. Sweets are not required to survive, yet how could we survive without a little treat now and then. For some of us, the pleasure comes not just from eating but also from creating.

So I was lying in bed last night thinking about what to try this weekend, and I thought, it's time to start that fricking blog that has been hanging over my head for months. I have been gathering and reading and taking pictures of almost everything I make and yet nothing is happening. But the magic of Christmas baking has made it happen. So I have vowed to bake each weekend in December and to try at least one new recipe, along with some traditional favorites. And then post the results good or bad for all the world to see.


-C

No comments: