Friday, July 18, 2008

Pizza Dough - It was edible!

I am pushing the limits of my yeast therapy. BMP used a bread recipe that calls for instant yeast, I have gone on to the next step and used regular yeast. Yes it's very exciting! I will not fear proofing! I will admit I thought the first batch failed and threw it out to start again. It turns out my definition of bubbling yeast was different then what I read in my instructions. There really should be pictures of what yeast looks like when it's proofing. Thank god for the internet!!!

My pizza dough wasn't perfect, I gave it 7.5 out of 10. It was edible, it was also a little cardboardy, but I think I may not have kneaded it enough and then stretched it out too thin!! But it was edible, which is the important thing. Oh and not just edible by me, I had a friend try it as well.


On a more comical note( really I should invest in video surveillance for the kitchen) getting the dough on the pizza stone. I do sometimes take things too literally and should have put the dough on the pizza stone before dressing it. Fortunately I didn't have everything on it before I realized what I had done!! But it was edible! Well except the one piece I flung on to the floor.

No comments: