Friday, January 4, 2008

Finishing 2007

Well Christmas is over for another year. I'm not quite finished eating all the crap I got for Christmas, but I am getting close!! Next week proper eating will prevail again.

I had a great Christmas, I had 2 perfect traveling days(which never happens), I ate lots of whatever I wanted and I didn't have to do dishes on Christmas Day(not sure how that happened but...) . I got some wonderful gifts including 2 cookbooks- Giada's Family Dinners and Baking by Flavor, a fancy cookie press, an immersion blender and a pizza stone.


After my disastrous incident with the spiral cookies, I questioned my abilities and my desire to bake ever again. This being the season of forgiveness, however, everything was made right again, thanks to the Peanut Blossom Cookie. They were very simple to make, no weird ingredients, they actually made the amount the recipe said they would, they looked perfect, everyone really enjoyed them, and most importantly my mother asked for the recipe!!(That's a REALLY big deal!)

If you've never been to the Joy of Baking, and you are a baker, check it out. Stephanie Jaworski is wonderful. I have made two recipes, so far, from her site and have had no problems. I like her little history of the item and that she lists the cookbook that she used.

Now that baking season is over it's time to get back to real food. I'm feeling slightly compressed in my shirt today, so it's not a moment to soon. This weekend I will be trolling my books for some sensible meals. So I guess my next challenge is cooking for the whole month of January. That's seems like a easy goal, but no meals out, not being lazy and running out for lunch. Getting up on time to make breakfast and lunch. It could literally be the end of me.

-C

No comments: